Holes should not be drilled in your apartment without our prior written consent, nor should any nails, hooks, or screws be used on any floors, doors, windows, tub, shower, appliances, or fixtures in the apartment.
Nothing should be fastened to the floors, doors, windows, walls, appliances, or fixtures in the apartment, the exterior walls, or porches of the buildings.
Please refrain from hanging signs, advertisements, flags or notices on the outside or inside of any apartment or building.
Locks on the doors leading to the apartment should not be altered without our consent. We must have a key to every lock at all times, and every lock must be compatible with the master key system for the building.
Common areas, sidewalks, entrances, hallways, or stairways of the community should not be used for any purpose other than entry and exit. Please do not place or store furniture, equipment, or personal articles in any common areas for any period of time. We may remove any such items at any time, at your expense, including any storage costs.
Please provide your telephone number to the office for the entry guard system. Your land-line telephone number will be programmed into the system at move-in.
The entry guard system works as follows:
When you get a visitor, they press "3" to scroll to your apartment number. When your apartment number appears, they can press "#" to call your apartment. Your phone will ring, and you will be able to talk to them over the intercom. To let them in, press "9" on your phone. This will release the door lock on the entry door.
All equipment located in your apartment or community should be used in a reasonable and careful manner. Equipment includes such things as toilets, sinks, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, building access system, appliances, or other facilities. If you or your family, guests, or visitors use any equipment in a manner that causes damage to the equipment, you could be held responsible for the costs of repairing or replacing it.
When the resident moves out, the apartment will be inspected and damages will be deducted from the resident’s security deposit in accordance with the prices listed below. Charges for damages not listed will be billed on a time and material basis. The resident agrees to pay any damages in excess of the security deposit amount within ten days of written notification.
Charges for damages to the Owner’s property will be as follows:
Any door key lost for which lock must be changed - $40.00
Any mailbox key lost for which lock must be changed - $25.00
Duplicate key - $3.00
Lock-out fee after office hours (payable to office) - $40.00
Dining room chandelier (one bedroom apartment) - $55.00
Glass shade for ceiling fan (bedroom) - $10.00
Broken or missing mini blinds - $20.00
Screen and window cleaning - $10.00 (per window)
Screen replacement - $20.00 (per window)
Broken window glass - $75.00 (per window)
Cleaning of refrigerator - $35.00
Damaged crisper cover (glass or plastic) - $50.00
Damaged crisper drawer - $60.00
Door bars (fresh or frozen) - $10.00
Cleaning of range which was left encrusted - $55.00
Inoperative dishwasher due to resident neglect (service charge does not include parts) - $45.00
Damaged counter top or vanity top - $155.00
Kitchen cabinets need to be cleaned - $30.00
Cleaning of linoleum of floor tiles (kitchen or bath) - $35.00
Replacement of damaged linoleum or floor tiles (kitchen or bath) - Contractor's cost
Bathroom needs to be cleaned - $75.00
Toilet tank cover - $25.00
Missing laundry card - $15.00
Toilet stopped up by foreign object (when toilet must be removed or replaced) - $90.00
Repainting of walls - $100.00 (per coat, per room)
Damage to hardwood floors - Contractor's cost
Ceramic toilet tissue holder - $15.00
Mirror for medicine cabinet - $25.00
Strip light - $40.00
Decals left in tub or elsewhere - Contractor's cost
Large hole in wall (6” or larger) - $50.00
Hole in wall (less than 6”) - $35.00
Damage to wooden door (interior) - $95.00
Damage to apartment entrance door - $300.00
Door bars (fresh or frozen) - $10.00
Damage to wall due to application or removal of wallpaper - $100 (per wall)
Removal of trash - $25.00 (per bag)
Removal of furniture - $150.00
Removing of contact paper - Hourly rate
Replacement oven rack - $15.00
Miscellaneous damage - As per extent
Items which weigh more than we determine is reasonable for the floor loading of the apartment are not permitted. You must check with us before bringing heavy items (i.e., waterbeds, safes, etc.) into the apartment.
In the event of a lock-out, please contact the office. There will be a $40.00 fee for this service.
Parking is available on Charles Drive, David Drive, and our community parking lots with the required parking permit. Parking at Home Properties of Bryn Mawr is limited and not guaranteed.
Violations of our parking policy are as follows:
- At any time, vehicles will be towed if parked in an illegal parking space preventing an emergency truck or trash truck from adequately/freely maneuvering as needed.
- If a vehicle is parked outside of a designated parking space, on the lawn, sidewalk, or in a Mansion House numbered space, it will be towed.
- You must have an authorized, visible parking permit to park in the Home Properties of Bryn Mawr parking lots, otherwise vehicles will be towed.
- The Radnor Township Fire Marshal has enforced strict monitoring of all fire lanes within the Home Properties of Bryn Mawr parking lots. Anyone parked in a fire lane will be towed.
All residents, their family, and guests should conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb their neighbors or community staff. Noise, odors, or any other actions that cause a disturbance are not permitted. Please do not interfere with the rights, comforts, or convenience of other residents or community staff.
Remember you are responsible for the conduct of your family, friends, guests, and anyone you invite into the community.
We will make reasonable efforts to stop neighbors from disturbing your peace, but we cannot be responsible for controlling their actions. If you are seriously disturbed by activities at your neighbor’s apartment, please call the police.
Cats & dogs are welcome at your community. A Pet Agreement is required for all pets and additional fees apply. Any violation of pet rules and regulations can result in charges to your account, loss of pet privileges, or eviction. See restrictions below.
Number of Pets
Pet Friendly Areas
Pets may be restricted to certain buildings and/or floor levels within the community.
Service Animals or Assistance Animals for Disabled
Service animals or other assistance animals for disabled residents will always be permitted with verification that the resident qualifies as disabled and requires the animal in order to have equal opportunity to use and enjoy the apartment and community. A Pet Addendum will be required; however, all fees, deposits, and renters’ insurance requirements specific to the animal will be waived. Rules and regulations will apply to the animal.
The following dog breeds are not allowed (no full or mix of any of the following):
- Alaskan Malamute
- American Bulldog
- Dogo Argentino
- German Shepherd
- Presa Canario
- Staffordshire Terrier/Pit Bull
or any other breed prohibited by management for life/safety reasons. We may change the restricted breed list after thirty (30) days notice; however, if such change means that your dog will no longer be allowed, then your dog will nonetheless be permitted (grandfathered) until the expiration of your then-current lease term. No “visiting” pets are allowed.
Pet Rules and Regulations
- Pets must be licensed and immunized in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Dogs are not allowed outside the apartment unless on a leash (in accordance with local leash laws) and under your control or under the control of your designated responsible person.
- Cats must be indoors only. Only domestic breeds are allowed.
- Pets must not be left alone, at any time, outside the apartment. Animal control will be called to remove any pets left unattended within the community.
- Dogs may not be tied to any fixed object (such as a tree) anywhere in the community. You may not keep your pet on the balconies or patios unleashed or unattended at any time.
- No pets are allowed in the swimming pool areas, other apartments, laundry rooms, offices, clubrooms, or other recreational facilities, except as required by applicable laws related to service animals or other assistance animals.
- Dogs and cats must be housebroken. Dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered, and no pet offspring are allowed.
- Pets must be walked and curbed only in designated areas. You are responsible for immediate clean-up of pet waste. Pet waste is to be disposed of properly in plastic bags and placed in the dumpsters or other designated dog stations.
- You will not allow any pet to become a nuisance or danger to other residents, which includes, but is not limited to, biting, excessive barking, or whining.
- Upon maintenance requests, dogs must be restricted to an area not affected by the service request.
- You are responsible for any extermination fees incurred as a result of keeping a pet in the apartment.
We may change any of the above Pet Rules and Regulations after thirty (30) days’ notice.
Please recycle cardboard and plastic in dumpsters labeled as such.
Please do not bring anything into your apartment or the community that increases the risk of fire. Things that could cause an increased risk of fire include flammable oils, fluids, propane, benzene, gasoline, kerosene, or other hazardous materials.
Satellite dishes are not allowed on this property.
Each person who has signed a lease will receive one SmartCard.
Please remember that this card is for the use of the residents in your apartment only; do not lend or give it to anyone else.
Please treat the card as you would money. We will gladly replace your card if the card becomes lost, for a $15.00 replacement fee. We cannot refund any value you had on the card. Additional cards for roommates (not on lease) may be issued for $15.00 per card.
Please return the card(s) to the Management Office if you move out. In the event the card is not returned, there will be a $15.00 per card charge deducted from your security deposit.
Adding Value to your SmartCard
- Insert SmartCard into the Cash Service Center, with the chip facing up towards the machine.
- The balance on your card will show on the electronic display.
- To add value on to your card, with the card already in the Cash Service Center, insert $5, $10, or $20 into the bill acceptor.
- Wait for the card to be updated and remove the card.
Use in Laundry Machine
- The price of the cycle is displayed on the electronic display.
- To start the machine, insert SmartCard into the card-reader slot with the chip facing up towards the machine.
- Select the cycle desired. The length of the cycle will be displayed after the machine has started.
- After your cycle selection, wait until the machine starts and the display on the machine says to “Pull Card.”
General Care of SmartCard
- Store card in a safe place away from magnetic fields such as microwaves, computers, other credit cards, and electronic equipment.
- Do not bend.
- Do not insert card in anything but the laundry machines and the Cash Service Center.
- The information may be erased if inserted in any other card reader.
- Keep card and chip clean from any grease, film, or laundry soap.
- Keep card and chip dry and free from scratches.
- Do not put wet clothes on the SmartCard readers.
Stop by the leasing office during normal business hours if you have any questions regarding your SmartCard.
Home Properties has contracted a company for snow and ice removal operations. Please adhere to the following guidelines related to snow removal:
- All communications regarding snow removal operations should be directed to our Leasing Office (e.g., if plowing or sidewalk clearing has not occurred in your section of the community). If the office is closed due to inclement weather, please leave a voicemail message, as they are monitored and responded to! The Contractor has been instructed to only communicate with Community Managers.
- The Contractor will begin snow removal operations after two (2) inches of snow has accumulated on paved surfaces or at the discretion of the community.
- Parking spaces will be truck bladed to the extent that parked vehicles permit (at least three unoccupied parking spaces in a row) during the original plowing service. Roadways will be plowed curb to curb, or as close to the curb, as the roadway allows.
- The snowplow operators will attempt to push the snow off the roadway in smooth, continuous passes with the blades angled toward the road to not create large drifts of snow in front of parked cars; however, the Contractor is not responsible for removing snow from behind/around cars after the snow removal service. This will inevitably occur each time the truck plows snow from the street, but the Contractor has been cautioned to avoid this as much as possible.
- After the snow has been removed, the Contractor will use rock salt on the drivelanes and parking areas and ice melt for the sidewalks.
- Snow should never be shoveled onto streets, sidewalks, or other parking spaces. The Contractor is not responsible for the removal of snow piled by residents in these areas. When shoveling or blowing snow, please place it onto grass-covered common areas. Visit the Leasing Office to borrow a spare shovel if needed.
- If you are essential personnel or are required to be available for work, please make private arrangements or park on a public or adjacent street.
- Snow removal and ice melt will not be applied to your patio area during winter months by the Contractor of the community. Under the provisions of your lease, it is your responsibility to keep your apartment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. This includes the patio area. Failure to do so will be at your own risk.
All trash should be placed in plastic bags and disposed of in the appropriate waste containers. Bulk items should never be disposed of outside of waste enclosures or left on community grounds. Please do not place any trash in halls, stairways, or laundry rooms.